spacer
{Arrest This Man, He Talks In Maths } spacer

Blog : Archives : Homepage

With your feet in the air, and your head on the ground . . .

spacer
spacer

{Thursday, February 08, 2007}

 
I liked the world better when cool was real to me;
When I saw characters, rather than charicatures.

If I could put you in a frame
I'd draw you smiling
With a cigarette in your mouth
And your hands reaching out for something [...]
And if I had your speaking voice I'd never whisper
I'd talk and talk and talk




It's not a matter of being jaded
If anything maybe I see more depth in people
I see human universals

There is beauty in the soft greys of twilight
But it is not the same
As the vibrancy of bright color on a sunny summer day

Don't put me in a frame upon the mantel
For memories turn dusty, old and grey
Don't leave me alone in the twilight
Twilight is the loneliest time of day


Restricting yourself to reality
Is limiting;
There is a richer life to be lived
Dancing amidst the clouds
With eyes open to metaphor, myth, spirit, art, beauty, and cool
Or floating with eyes closed
Letting all that is not real but can still be felt
Flow through your unreal soul

posted by Miles 9:49 AM

Comments: Post a Comment
spacer