spacer
{Arrest This Man, He Talks In Maths } spacer

Blog : Archives : Homepage

With your feet in the air, and your head on the ground . . .

spacer
spacer

{Tuesday, April 11, 2006}

 
I've walked the same route to work at least 500 times. Somehow, it wasn't until this morning that I realized: if I walk on the right side of street on my way in, in the morning, I can be in the sun the whole way. I'm walking basically due South, so when the sun is rising, in the East, the houses on the left side of the street cast a shadow over the sidewalk on that side, but the right side of the street is in direct sunlight.

An amazingly simple fact, but one that had never entered my mind; I just always optimize my path to be the absolute shortest distance.

I only thought of it today, I think, because yesterday afternooon I was thinking about how to optimize the placement of my garden to maximize sunlight.

An unexpected side-benefit of gardening . . .


And speaking of which, can I just say how amazing it is to get out of bed, in the early morning of a beautiful spring day, and go out to work in my garden? It's a great way to start a day.

posted by Miles 11:21 AM

Comments: Post a Comment
spacer