spacer
{Arrest This Man, He Talks In Maths } spacer

Blog : Archives : Homepage

With your feet in the air, and your head on the ground . . .

spacer
spacer

{Thursday, January 06, 2005}

 
While I'm here in Albany, I'm sort of taking a "vacation" from work, to study neuroanatomy. Jess' classmates continue to express amazement that I'd voluntarily attend their classes, but it's fun: it's something I've meant to do, and wanted to do, for a long time. Interestingly, though, one of the sources that I'm finding most useful (not to mention addictive) is a free website at the University of Washington, the Digital Anatomist Interactive Brain Atlas. Now, while I do recommend checking it out, because it's just incredibly neat (I especially recommend the 3-D objects section) I realize that just seeing all the names, without knowing or learning about the function in a comprehensive way, might be a little dull. But as a companion to the neuro texts that Jess has, the site is just a fantastic, ideal way to really dig into the anatomy and learn how everything relates in 3-D, something that's really difficult with the complex, messy anatomy of the brain. Especially the quizzes. Damn they're addictive. (Yes, I know I'm a total freak. Thank you.)


posted by Miles 1:07 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
spacer