spacer
{Arrest This Man, He Talks In Maths } spacer

Blog : Archives : Homepage

With your feet in the air, and your head on the ground . . .

spacer
spacer

{Monday, December 06, 2004}

 
Today, thanks to an applescript I found, I was able to do a calculation I've wanted to do for a long time. Here, in order, are the artists or bands I've listened to the most over the last ~2 years (total playcount > 200):

Liz Phair, Guster, Jump Little Children, The Beatles, Deb Talan, Mos Def, Aimee Mann, Coldplay, Radiohead, The Shins, Ben Folds, The Pixies, R.E.M., The Roots, Joni Mitchell, Evanescence, Elliott Smith, The Foo Fighters

There it is, in the cold light of day. :-)

Liz Phair? 743 listens, total, to the 72 songs in my library. Deb Talan has the highest "density", with 384 listens spread over just 13 songs, for an average of almost 30 plays per song. And yes, you've probably never heard of her. She plays acoustic guitar and sings . . . and writes some really addictive tunes.

Overall, my total iTunes playcount stands at about 24,500. That actually goes back to Nov. 17, 2002, a little more than 2 years ago, or just about 750 days ago . . . which means on average, I've listened to about 32 songs a day, on iTunes & my iPod, combined. Fascinating.

Anyway. Time to walk home through the snow . . .

posted by Miles 10:59 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
spacer