spacer
{Arrest This Man, He Talks In Maths } spacer

Blog : Archives : Homepage

With your feet in the air, and your head on the ground . . .

spacer
spacer

{Thursday, December 09, 2004}

 
Oh, man, this is hard.

I decided this morning (in the shower) that I spend way too much time reading news on the web, and I should quit. I don't really get that much out of it, you know, it's more of a compulsion, and overall I'd be happier if I spent the time (a) working, or (b) actually relaxing and enjoying myself - taking walks along the river, going to museums, watching movies, bowling, getting drunk, that kind of thing.

So I decided to go cold turkey. For 10 days. I'm gonna' ask Jess to go through my web-browser's "history" files over the weekend to check on me, and make sure I haven't slipped.

Oh, man, this is hard.

No cnn.com. No msnbc.com. No nytimes.com, or news.google.com, or finance.yahoo.com. And I had to type all those URLs in by hand, because I couldn't go to the sites and copy & paste, like I usually would.

But like Obi Wan Kenobi said, in Trainspotting (eh-heh) . . . with God's help I will conquer this terrible affliction.

(News: It's the new heroin. Any day now the War on Terror will be passe, and the administration will declare a new "war" to free us from the terrible scourge of news addiction.)


p.s. - Yes, I'm allowed to blog, and yes, it is just about exactly like methadone for me.

posted by Miles 5:28 PM

Comments:
Dude, so you didn't hear about the Earthquake? Or the assasination?!!!11!?//!one!!one-hundred-eleven11!!slash?!!

--Zack
 
Dude, don't mess with my head. I'm unstable. :-)
 
Eh. News is for weenies. Now that I've drowned out the Post and the Times with a hundred blogs and live journals, I find it boring. The real news is what's not had its color washed by the forces of "good journalism", and is instead the mass feeling as written by the masses.
 
Post a Comment
spacer