spacer
{Arrest This Man, He Talks In Maths } spacer

Blog : Archives : Homepage

With your feet in the air, and your head on the ground . . .

spacer
spacer

{Friday, June 18, 2004}

 
I'm psyched. I've been called up to the big leagues!

I tried out for the Boston Men's Baseball League a while ago, but I wasn't drafted based on my tryout. It wasn't a big surprise, but it was a little disappointing. I resigned myself to another season of playing softball with the Gorilla Fingers . . . softball is alright, and it's a fun group of guys . . . but it's not baseball.

Then, this week, I got a call from the manager of one of the teams, saying he'd lost some players, and asking if I'd still be interested in playing. I went to a practice on Wednesday, and I'll be going to my first game as a Boston Mariner tomorrow! How awesome is that?

Looks like the team may not be one of the strongest in the league, with a 1-6 record so far . . . but hey, in college I played on a team that compiled a 0-84 record over four years of conference play, so I can deal with losing some games. The more opportunity I have to play, the better.

Really, though, I'm just excited that I'm going to be putting on a uniform again, and running out onto a green field, on a bright sunny day, to play baseball.

posted by Miles 8:19 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
spacer