spacer
{Arrest This Man, He Talks In Maths } spacer

Blog : Archives : Homepage

With your feet in the air, and your head on the ground . . .

spacer
spacer

{Wednesday, January 14, 2004}

 
According to Yahoo weather, it is currently -2 degrees fahrenheit outside. I just arrived at my office, having walked the ~1.7 mile distance from my house.

I survived!

Here's what I dressed in:

regular socks
wool ski socks
merrell boots
boxers
thermals
corduroys
t-shirt
fleece
parka
1 golf glove
1 batting glove
pair of ski gloves (over)
"turtle fur" fleece scarf
bandana
iPod & headphones (under parka hood)
ski goggles


A man's gotta' do what a man's gotta' do.


Toots and the Maytals came on in my iPod playlist while I was standing at a corner waiting for a light to change, near Porter Sq. I burst in to a grin and started bouncin' a little, one hand raised, palm up to the sky. Such a perfect moment . . . reggae in bright morning sunlight and -2 degrees. And under all I was wearing, no one could possibly identify me; to them, I was the abstraction of an anonymous frozen/bundled pedestrian . . . dancing.

posted by Miles 8:39 AM

Comments: Post a Comment
spacer