spacer
{Arrest This Man, He Talks In Maths } spacer

Blog : Archives : Homepage

With your feet in the air, and your head on the ground . . .

spacer
spacer

{Monday, November 03, 2003}

 
Jess & I went up to Vermont for the weekend, joining my Dad & Ruth, my uncle Bill & aunt Donna, and my grandmother Joan. We went horseback riding on Saturday, in brisk fall air, through woods & fields colored by the season. It was the first time I'd been on a horse since I was about seven years old. I was scared at first . . . them's some big animals . . . but I was given a very well-behaved, responsive horse, and I had a great time. I even reigned him in a few times, just so I could trot him back ahead. I really wanted to kick my heels and urge him to just take off over a field; I felt no fear at all, and just the thought was exhilarating.

We went out for dinner Saturday night, and I had roasted pheasant. It was excellent, but unfortunately, it had its revenge on me by coming out the same way it went in, several hours later. I had to order the game dish. I love going to Vermont & seeing my dad, but it seems like somehow something weird and bad happens every time I go.

Anyway. I've got three more days to complete my NSF Graduate Research Fellowship application. Which means I've got three days left in which to try, in essence, to make myself $81,000. There will thus not be another entry in this blog until I'm done. :-)


posted by Miles 11:32 AM

Comments: Post a Comment
spacer