spacer
{Arrest This Man, He Talks In Maths } spacer

Blog : Archives : Homepage

With your feet in the air, and your head on the ground . . .

spacer
spacer

{Monday, June 02, 2003}

 
I feel like an old man, today. My body aches. Spent the best part of the weekend helping Jess move into her new place, which was a lot of fun, but also a lot of backbreakin' work, since her new place is a fourth floor walk-up. It all got done, though, and despite my initial feeling of claustrophobia when I saw the place empty (it's a studio - big, but still a studio) I think it looks great, set-up. Check her blog soon for pictures. Wonderful light, especially in the morning - the sun just comes streaming in, and there's a view of the Boston skyline.

I had a 3+ hour practice with my new softball team, the "Gorilla Fingers", Saturday. We were then supposed to play a doubleheader to kick the season off, on Sunday, but the all-day downpour put that on hold. I'm looking forward to it, though; the team Dave and Neal and I were assigned to is mostly BU law-school students, and it's a very laid-back "dude!" kind of group. I think we will lose a lot of games (this is a relatively competitive league), and have a lot of cook-outs on Sunday afternoons. And, uh, apparently the team name is from a cigar frequently used for rolling blunts. So. Anyway, should be a lot of fun. Also, Boston is such a small world kind of town - by total coincidence Dave and I already knew one of the guys on the team we were assigned to; Josh, who's the husband of Anna Shusterman, a third year grad student in Spelke lab. Cool guy. Wacky.

Jess and I saw Finding Nemo on Friday night. Go see it; it's absolutely amazing.


posted by Miles 8:32 AM

Comments: Post a Comment
spacer