spacer
{Arrest This Man, He Talks In Maths } spacer

Blog : Archives : Homepage

With your feet in the air, and your head on the ground . . .

spacer
spacer

{Tuesday, May 20, 2003}

 
I made some modifications to my "toddler large number" experiment (3-5 year olds look at pairs of dot arrays, and tell me which one has more dots) today, tossing a few of the easier ratios, and using a (drumroll . . .) sticker book, giving a new sticker every three trials . . . and it went great - the kid made it through the whole study, and seemed attentive and engaged the whole time. This is a great improvement, because in earlier attempts with this experiment, kids had gotten pretty bored by about 1/3 of the way in, and none had actually been interested in completing everything I'd hoped for them to complete. Since we try to be nice to our subjects, that had meant I was sorely lacking for data. No more. Whooooo!

posted by Miles 4:16 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
spacer